The City of Los Angeles is generally very, very, very bad at complying with the California Public Records Act. There are no consequences that matter to them for violating it so they violate it wantonly. Only lawsuits will get them to comply, and only in that specific instance. So we were glad to hear that our friends at the Los Angeles Sunshine Coalition filed yet another petition against the City of Los Angeles to enforce compliance.
The issue is a bunch of requests for emails from CD1. For a couple years Gil Cedillo’s office, mostly in the person of long-time crony Mel Ilomin, was incredibly compliant with the CPRA, just super-helpful. But then, on a number distinct occasions, we here at the blog exposed Cedillo’s machinations to the light of public scrutiny, which may have contributed to Ilomin’s sudden refusal, beginning in 2019, to comply with the law.
In any case, for whatever reason, he stopped complying, and of course a suit is our only recourse. This, by the way, is the second time that Cedillo’s office has induced a CPRA suit via idiotic noncompliance. So take a look at the petition, stay tuned for details, and read on for a short list of dirt we’ve gotten on Cedillo via the CPRA!
- Psychopathic Cedillo staffer Bill Cody says — he “will handle” community activists fighting gentrification.
- Lobbyist Tony Cabral and zillionaire Michael Delijani — lobbying Cedillo about soliciting Amazon to build its headquarters on Delijani’s land in CD1.
- Appalling lobbyist and FBI target Morrie Goldman — checking to be sure Cedillo will be at a PLUM meeting to establish quorum for one of Goldman’s measures.
- Psychopathic Cedillo staffer Bill Cody — says that he will work to deny City mural funds to anti-gentrification activists because they attacked Cedillo on social media.
- Cedillo doing favors for Morrie Goldman — on Cedillo’s first day in office, because the freaking fix was already in.
- Cedillo planning deputy Gerald Gubatan — arranged for a bunch of bullshit astroturf supporters to attend meetings in support of demolishing Parker Center.
- Very detailed look at how Cedillo’s planning staff — subverted every possible City process including derailing an affordable housing project to get a development approved for zillionaire cronies.