First of all, they have let their domain expire! See it parked at Godaddy in the screenshot above. Now, this is probably not a permanent situation. Indeed, their whois record from this morning shows that the domain was renewed yesterday, and I suppose it will once again point at their website as soon as the DNS records propagate. However, things must be all falling to pieces over there for this even to have happened. Kerry Morrison has long been the kind of leader about whom even her detractors will concede that she will keep the metaphorical trains running on time, and keeping a domain name registered is one of the simplest trains of all. Is there not autorenewal at Godaddy? Did someone let their credit card expire? Enquiring minds wanna to know!1 Of course, even without evidence we are happy to take credit for this lapse and any other chaos they may be experiencing over there at their secret headquarters. They are like those little bugs that scurry all about when their subterranean antics are exposed to public view by having their rock lifted up by curious students of slimy undergrounditude!
And as long as I am writing about this domain name expiry drama, I thought I would take another look at their Alexa rankings in relation to our Alexa rankings. You may recall that two months ago they were doing badly and we were doing betterly. In particular, they were at 682,470 in the U.S. and we were at 657,525. Furthermore, we were at 4,630,498 in the world.2 Well, now check it out!
- Alexa rank for MichaelKohlhaas.Org. It is 654,350 in the U.S. at this writing. It is also at 3,887,682 for the whole world, up almost three quarters of a million from September! Here is a screenshot.
- Alexa rank for Onlyinhollywood.Org. It doesn’t even have a U.S. rank anymore, so obviously we are beating them really badly in that category.3 It is ranked 3,158,042 in the world, which is down more than half a million from September. Furthermore, in September they were more than 2 million ahead of us world-wide but now they are less than three quarters of a million more than us! Toodle-Ooo, little BID friends! Here is a screenshot.
And not only that, but we are beating them very badly in other geek statistics. Like for instance, their bounce rate is presently 57.10% whereas ours is only 36.40%.4 Their daily page views per visitor are only 1.5 whereas ours are 1.9. Also, theirs are down more than 4% month over month! Finally, the average daily time a visitor spends on their site is only 2 minutes and 27 seconds, whereas ours is more than a minute higher, at 3 minutes and 34 seconds. So the trend continues! Now we are all gonna head over to Canter’s for a Sunday brunch that cannot be beat, and we will toast Confusion to our enemies!! with some gin and grapefruit juice from the good old Kibitz Room, whatever precious name that drink is called by in these latter days. Perhaps we will see you there!
- My colleagues suggest that I mention that ordinarily we would use public records act requests to discover this vital information and that we will again someday in the future, after we get a few details taken care of so that we do not waste any more time on the zany CPRA shenanigans of the HPOA.
- They were at 2,522,399 in the world at that time, but I am relegating that to a footnote because of obvious reasons.
- Actually no one around here has any clue why they do not any longer have a U.S. rank. It is more likely that it is some weird technicality of the free version of Alexa than anything else. However, it is a house policy here at MK.Org to interpret every possible thing in the worst possible light for our enemies, and this is no exception.
- You can find these lower down on the Alexa pages. I am too lazy this fine Sunday morning to make more screenshots.