Our main mission has two parts:
- to collect and publish as many documents as possible about municipal politics in Los Angeles, with somewhat of a focus on Business Improvement Districts in Los Angeles:
- Local document storage — Older documents are stored locally, before it became clear that the volume we were obtaining precluded this.
- Our collection on Archive.Org — All records obtained since 2016 are stored offsite on Archive.Org. This is better for any number of reasons. Search in collection by BID or just browse!
- to use the information and understanding we gain from those documents to try to change those aspects of City government, BIDs, and their enablers of which we disapprove. Inflammatory mockery and filing complaints against transgressors are two of our main tools.
- to provide aid, comfort, and encouragement to local movements whose goals we agree with. Didn’t start out with this in mind, but it seems to be happening, so let’s go!
While we work on these two goals we also write about them on our blog, mostly for our own entertainment. We do enjoy pleasing our audience (yes, it happens occasionally!), breaking some news or even, rarely but once in a while, actually finding that one-inna-zillion person who understands that documents indisputably say what they say no matter what kind of nonsense we ramble on about with respect to them.